[Peace-discuss] cosponsorship? Tue 2/28 Muslim American Society event

Stuart Levy stuartnlevy at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 15:55:38 UTC 2017

Heard from Ahmed Taha of *Muslim American Society:* on*Tuesday, Feb.
28th,* for Black History Month, they're doing an event - two speakers
including sociologist Evelyn Reynolds, and someone coming down from
Chicago, and an award to Rebecca Ginsburg for her Education Justice
Project work.

They are inviting activist groups around the area to (a) cosponsor and
(b) speak briefly, for a minute or two, to let community members know
what they're up to and encourage them to join in.

Cosponsorship wouldn't involve money, just encouraging our members to
come to the event.

AWARE is invited.   *Should we agree to cosponsor* - and offer to speak?

I think this could be a good bridge-building thing to do.

They'd like to know by this weekend, since they're drawing up the flyer
now, which will list cosponsoring groups.   Maybe we can talk about this
at Sunday's AWARE meeting.