[Peace-discuss] This stupid and racist woman teaches history at the U of I??

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 19 18:40:18 UTC 2017

I just now finished reading it, text book history 101, right out of George Orwell’s 1984.

I doubt she is stupid or even racist, just clueless, and propagandized. This is an example of the robotic education that is being fed to American students throughout our education system and by the news media, memorized facts and dates, analysis always being “America the Great”, with “yes we make mistakes sometimes, blah, blah, but our intentions were good.” The overly simplistic analysis being, oh we just need to replace Trump with a Democrat and all will be right with the world.

David, I hope you and others I have cc’d will respond with a deeper and more comprehensive analysis, for all those who know not why, some of us are appalled.

If this is what students are learning, we’re doomed.