[Peace-discuss] Trumps "going to the beach comment"

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 25 19:40:29 UTC 2017

Bruce Fein<https://www.facebook.com/bruce.fein.7?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf>
8 hrs<https://www.facebook.com/bruce.fein.7/posts/1640748112606922> ·
"Further proof that the multi-trillion dollar military industrial counterterrorism complex controls President Donald Trump. At CPAC, Trump derided our spending $6 trillion in the Middle East to put it in "much worse shape" than it was 15 years ago. “If our presidents would have gone to the beach for 15 years, we would be in much better shape than we are right now, that I can tell you."

"But Trump is bettering the folly of his predecessors that he correctly denounced. He is doing more of the same--more troops, more spending, creating more enemies daily by indiscriminate killings, supporting radical Islamic nations like Saudi Arabia, and fiercely refusing to articulate a definition of victory beyond the disastrous body-count yardstick of Vietnam. What Trump is doing in the Middle East is what General Westmoreland asked for after the Tet Offensive that brought NVA tanks into our Embassy compound: an escalation of tactics with no strategy and proven over long years to be as calamitous as General Custer's at the Battle of Little Bighorn. Indeed, South Vietnam sported a model democracy compared with the antediluvian, despotic regimes with which we are snugly allied in the Middle East. "

"Depend upon it. President Trump will get his General Westmoreland Waterloo by playing puppet of the multi-trillion dollar military industrial counterterrorism complex. He insists that he is putting American citizens first, and that he is representing the United States, not the globe. Then why is he treating American soldiers like cannon fodder in the Middle East in the name of policing the entire world while sneering at American invincible self-defense featuring 100 percent of our rank-and-file soldiers deployed in the United States to protect their friends and families and given pay increases from the staggering savings derived starving the parasitic multi-trillion dollar military industrial counterterrorism complex dragon?”