[Peace-discuss] Becasue I slept too well

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 27 15:13:28 UTC 2017

 Because I went to bed early and slept well, I was up at 6:30, too early for a retired person who doesn't have to be at his volunteer "job" until 9:30. So I turned on Amy Goodman at 7 and watched the whole damn thing. It's quite a spectacle to see this program become a caricature of identity politics. It's quite something to witness criticism of Trump for not attending the "correspondents" dinner (even Reagan phoned in during his assassination recovery period). If only we had a counterfactual history, in which we could see what the "progressive" response to Clinton would have been. Or what Clinton would say at the "correspondents" dinner.
Yes, discrimination is a serious issue; but no, opposition to discrimination doesn't address fundamental issues. But it does facilitate an air of condescension that surpasses what I thought even liberals and progressives are capable of. 60 minutes of that is a cruel and unusual way to start my day. Tonight I'm staying up really late.
DG