[Peace-discuss] Sanctuary Status Response to Wars

Boyle, Francis A fboyle at illinois.edu
Sun Jan 1 12:18:20 UTC 2017

I want to thank Karen for her fine  Letter. Just remember that Killer Koh went to work for Reagan from 1983 to 1985 justifying every  hideous atrocity that Reagan was then inflicting on innocent people all around the world, including Nicaragua, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, setting off the humanitarian crisis that necessitated the original Sanctuary Movement that I served as Counsel to. I also served as Counsel to The Pledge of Resistance. I explained all this to this Nazi Faculty of Law. They did not care.
Fab
Ed Norton Professor of Law
Carl Schmitt College of Law:
"Mein Fuhrer, I can walk!"

Francis A. Boyle
Law Building
504 E. Pennsylvania Ave.
Champaign IL 61820 USA
217-333-7954 (phone)
217-244-1478 (fax)
(personal comments only)

Sanctuary status response to wars
Top of Form

Bottom of Form
Fri, 12/30/2016 - 10:35am | The News-Gazette<http://www.news-gazette.com/users/digitalmedia>
In the 1980s, refugees from Guatemala, Nicaragua and El Salvador were coming to the U.S. as a result of the American interventions in their nations, as a result of our "special forces" invading, torturing and murdering.
In 1986, the Immigration and Naturalization Service granted political asylum to less than 3 percent of the hundreds of thousands of Salvadorans who applied, with over 4,800 refugees returned to El Salvador. At least 50 of those turned up on the lists of victims killed by security forces or death squads. Thousands of Guatemalans were tortured and/or murdered by security forces under government control.
Thus a group of anti-war activists in Urbana initiated a "sanctuary city" resolution, in order to protect the undocumented nationals arriving here from those nations and in spite of opposition from the local Nazi Party and the local KKK. Despite a death threat if he showed up at the Urbana council, law Professor Francis Boyle argued on behalf of the resolution, and it passed.
Again, in December 2016, Professor Boyle, minus death threats, showed up to argue on behalf of a "revised" resolution. Revised because now it needed to be "all inclusive," given our continuing wars and interventions, throughout the Middle East and North Africa.
Many come here for economic reasons, but when a nation is destroyed, chaos ensues, leaving the infrastructure and businesses damaged, causing unemployment.
For those concerned with obedience to federal "law," I suggest we look at our government who has been breaking our laws, with their continuing "crimes against humanity."
KAREN ARAM
Urbana

Francis A. Boyle
Law Building