[Peace-discuss] Trudy Rubin

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Wed Jan 4 17:38:49 UTC 2017

“…defend[ing] democratic principles abroad…” = making sure other countries do what the USG says.

Discourse that corrupt can only be mocked.

John Pilger wrote before the election, "The tribunes of 'perpetual war’ are terrified that the multi-billion-dollar business of war by which the United States maintains its dominance will be undermined if Trump does a deal with Putin, then with China’s Xi Jinping. Their panic at the possibility of the world’s great power talking peace – however unlikely – would be the blackest farce were the issues not so dire."

—CGE