[Peace-discuss] Fwd: January 9 2017 invitation to RTCC

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 6 20:09:33 UTC 2017

From: Amy Felty <asfelty at orangecrayon.com<mailto:asfelty at orangecrayon.com>>

Dear Friends,

The Racial Taboo discussion group will meet again this coming Monday, January 9, to make and consolidate plans for the coming months in 2017.

At our December 2016 meeting, we decided to host both an afternoon meeting and an evening meeting to accommodate more people's schedules.  Please join us for either meeting.  Results from both meetings will be compiled and shared with everyone.

Monday, January 9, 2017
3:00 - 5:00 pm
or
7:00 - 8:30 pm

Baha'i Center
807 E. Green Street
Urbana, IL

We invite input in the following categories from all interested people.  New ideas are also welcome.

Discussion groups on specific topics related to identifying and eliminating prejudices

Friendship groups as a basis for community building, action steps, and service projects

Study groups for book or film discussions, on-going community projects

Support of other group's and individuals' efforts toward racial justice and community unity

Progress on a website (under development) where people can list events and activities towards eliminating prejudices, creating fairness and unity, and building community and fellowship

Please join us with your ideas (or send your information, requests, or offers before the meeting).  We are always thinking about meeting locations that are odder: churches, homes, and community spaces.

The Racial Taboo planning team will meet later in January to schedule another community showing of the film.  Please send your ideas for locations and dates for consideration.

Good wishes for 2017,
Amy Felty at asfelty at gmail.com<mailto:asfelty at gmail.com> or 217-637-3125

This email was sent to karenaram at hotmail.com<mailto:karenaram at hotmail.com>
why did I get this?<http://facebook.us13.list-manage.com/about?u=d25986daa77dee111ea753e17&id=13882e1bf7&e=95ed3aba38&c=87fe30fdc4>    unsubscribe from this list<http://facebook.us13.list-manage1.com/unsubscribe?u=d25986daa77dee111ea753e17&id=13882e1bf7&e=95ed3aba38&c=87fe30fdc4>    update subscription preferences<http://facebook.us13.list-manage1.com/profile?u=d25986daa77dee111ea753e17&id=13882e1bf7&e=95ed3aba38>
Racial Taboo group discussion notification list · 1914 Clover Lane · Champaign, Il 61821 · USA

[Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp]<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=d25986daa77dee111ea753e17&afl=1>