[Peace-discuss] AWARE flyer from eight years ago

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sat Jan 7 15:01:23 UTC 2017

Yes, indeed, particularly as the outgoing administration is moving heaven and earth to convince the new administration to follow its war plans.

Those policies are so bad that “Obama" can be replaced with “Trump” in the following flyer, and it would unfortunately make sense.

I.e., the Obama administration primarily made things worse. Compare the depredations the USG is responsible for today with eight years ago: <http://blogs.cfr.org/zenko/2016/01/07/how-many-bombs-did-the-united-states-drop-in-2015/ <http://blogs.cfr.org/zenko/2016/01/07/how-many-bombs-did-the-united-states-drop-in-2015/>>

That testifies to the continuity of US war policy, even under an agreeable mask. And now the political establishment is trying to make sure that Trump changes nothing.

But the self-proclaimed “most transparent administration in history” was far from that, and did an excellent job of hiding the crimes it was committing.

E.g., most Americans have no idea how many people Obama has killed with his drone assassinations. (It’s a “secret” program.)

—CGE