[Peace-discuss] Bérubé’s recent antics

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 10 15:38:47 UTC 2017

 Bérubé held forth around here until 10 or 15 years ago; it would have been fun if he were here during the Salaita affair:

The Delegate Assembly then passed an “emergency” resolution proposed by Michael Bérubé, an ex-MLA president who was one of the opponents of the BDS resolution. Bérubé’s resolution denounced the incoming Trump administration and its expected threats to academic freedom.This resolution was a catalogue of boilerplate flummery regarding various “freedoms” (speech, political and religious belief, etc.) of concern to academics, all couched in the most anodyne terms, the kind of stuff one expects in a low-gear civics class.The speeches lauding this resolution came in the main from the self-same Zionists who earlier had opposed a resolution in support of Palestinian academic freedom!By this time, I had enough of their puke-inducing hypocrisy, and left the hall before the vote was taken.
Resolutions Advocating a Boycott of Israel

|   |
Resolutions Advocating a Boycott of Israel
 I’m at the annual meeting of the Modern Language Association (MLA) in Philadelphia. The MLA Delegate Assembly v...  |   |