[Peace-discuss] Anthony DiMaggio on Women's March

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 24 16:03:26 UTC 2017

"If I had to pinpoint a single message that emerged from this protest, it was the need for Americans to develop a much deeper sense of empathy with all types of socially and economically disadvantaged groups, including people of color, women, the disabled, immigrants, and the poor. This is as positive a message for progressive change as I can think of, and it’s badly needed in a country with tens of millions of people who support or tolerate a reactionary political culture of narcissism, bigotry, extreme-individualism, discrimination, and class prejudice against the working class and poor."
Reflections on DC: Promises and Pitfalls in the Anti-Trump Uprising

|   |
Reflections on DC: Promises and Pitfalls in the Anti-Trump Uprising
 The first mass protests of President Donald Trump represent a historic moment – one worth reflecting on so we ca...  |   |