[Peace-discuss] Trump the Peace President?

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Thu Jan 26 18:27:25 UTC 2017

Obama left his drone assassinations on ‘auto-pilot,’ as it were: he arranged it so that regional and local commanders can now order killings (like these in Yemen) without reference to the president’s “Terror Tuesdays” (as White House aides called them), when Obama picked those to be killed from lists supplied by CIA director John Brennan.

That arrangement - like Obama’s bombing attacks on Libya and Syria in his last days in office - is another example of the desperate attempts by the neocons/'deep state'/Democrats to lock the new administration into the vicious war policy of the outgoing administration. They may be successful.