[Peace-discuss] Gershon Shafir

Brussel, Morton K brussel at illinois.edu
Sun Jun 11 18:52:16 UTC 2017

Suggest that our local libraries purchase the book.

—mkb

On Jun 6, 2017, at 5:40 PM, David Green via Peace-discuss <peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net<mailto:peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net>> wrote:

This book excerpt is probably too dense and detailed for most people, understandable, but I had occasion to know Shafir when we were both students at UCLA, and he has gone on to be perhaps the leading Jewish Israeli critical historical sociologist, now teaching at UCSD.

<http://mondoweiss.net/2017/05/occupation-lasted-this/>

Why has the Occupation lasted this long?
Read an excerpt from Gershon Shafir’s latest book, “A Half Century of Occupation: Israel, Palestine, and the Wor...

Why has the Occupation lasted this long?<http://mondoweiss.net/2017/05/occupation-lasted-this/>