[Peace-discuss] A message from the Green Party

Boyle, Francis A fboyle at illinois.edu
Thu Jun 22 12:44:57 UTC 2017

Berrigans

Where’s Phil?
Prayed Liz
Two days after 9/11
No word from him
Rotting in Federal hell hole
For “Crimes” against the Empire

Will see what I can do
No Miracles
Least I could do
For those two
After all they went through
For all of us

Late Thursday Afternoon
Calls all up and down BOP and DC
Messages on voice machines
I want to speak to my Client Phil Berrigan!
Immediately!
Or else!

Started in again Friday morn
Same message
This time delivered personally
All up and down BOP and DC
To U.S. gov Imperialees

Got a call from Phil at noon
On his way out of solitary
Into general prison population

He was alright
Tell Liz
Will call her later tonight

Immediately did
Great sigh of relief in her voice
Do you know how much that means to me?

After 9/11 Ashcroft tossed
All political prisoners into solitary
Including aged and infirmed Phil
For Weeks
Except Phil
Three days
Do you know how much that means to me?

We all owe so much to that Family
Dan, Phil, Liz
Our Heroes
Our Martyrs
Our Saints
Suffered and died
To atone for Sins of the Empire
For All Humanity

3 Berrigans
Crucified on Cross of U.S. Imperial History
To save humanity
For rest of eternity
Up the rebels!

Francis A. Boyle