[Peace-discuss] Election Results for 2002

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sun Jun 25 14:20:54 UTC 2017

And now I lecture in Tim Johnson’s politics classes at UIUC, and Josh Hartke (I think) writes novels.

Before leaving Congress, Tim changed his mind on US war-making and even joined other US representatives in a suit against the shameful Obama-Clinton attack on Libya.

I like to think I had something to do with that.

Americans' revolt against the US government’s attack on SE Asia - in the military, which ended the draft, and at home - took almost a decade, after JFK’s invasion of S. Vietnam.

The revolt against the US government’s attack on SW Asia has taken even longer, owing to what the goverenmet learnt in the 1960s about misleading the public about war.

That’s what President Bush I meant about defeating the "Vietnam syndrome” ( = the public’s aversion to killing people in Asia for the one percent’s  profits).

See the duplicitous account of the Vietnam war in Obama’s "The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream,” 2007.

He became the first president to be at war throughout two terms (while pretending not to).

Regards, CGE