[Peace-discuss] John Steppling

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 7 03:52:53 UTC 2017

No doubt, Mort, that his gifted literary/polemical head of steam often races ahead of his attention to detail and thoroughness.
DG

    On Monday, March 6, 2017 9:49 PM, "Brussel, Morton K" <brussel at illinois.edu> wrote:

 I would agree with your adjectives, David, but would propose that at times he goes too far overboard.
Not all liberals, e.g., are as perverse as he describes, are not racist or scornful of the lower economic classes. Of course, many are, as many of any persuasion are. Of course this is a polemic, and so we have to expect, or excuse? such dubious arguments. In addition, the beginning quote by Fidel about populations and birth control seem more than curious; they are stupid. Even Fidel could be stupid on certain issues!   Also curious is his omitting considering the nations of western Europe, our “allies” Britain, France, Germany… Are they in the same nefarious boat as the U.S. ?
But all in all, this is a passionately useful, even if too often exaggerated, commentary.
—mkb