[Peace-discuss] The Anti-Empire Report

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 10 04:26:58 UTC 2017

  *   FEATURED WRITERS<http://www.foreignpolicyjournal.com/writers/>
     *   <http://www.foreignpolicyjournal.com/author/ramzy-baroud/>
     *   <http://www.foreignpolicyjournal.com/author/richard-falk/>
     *   <http://www.foreignpolicyjournal.com/author/jeremy-r-hammond/>
     *   <http://www.foreignpolicyjournal.com/author/jim-miles/>
     *   <http://www.foreignpolicyjournal.com/author/paul-craig-roberts/>
     *   <http://www.foreignpolicyjournal.com/author/david-swanson/>

We came, we saw, we destroyed, we forgot

By William Blum<http://www.foreignpolicyjournal.com/author/william-blum/> | Jul 29, 2011 | News & Analysis<http://www.foreignpolicyjournal.com/category/features/news-analysis/>, US<http://www.foreignpolicyjournal.com/category/regions/americas/us/> | 6 <http://www.foreignpolicyjournal.com/2011/07/29/we-came-we-saw-we-destroyed-we-forgot/#comments>  |

The Anti-Empire Report

An updated summary of the charming record of US foreign policy. Since the end of the Second World War, the United States of America has …

  1.  Attempted to overthrow more than 50 governments, most of which were democratically-elected.[1]
  2.  Attempted to suppress a populist or nationalist movement in 20 countries.[2]
  3.  Grossly interfered in democratic elections in at least 30 countries.[3]
  4.  Dropped bombs on the people of more than 30 countries.[4]
  5.  Attempted to assassinate more than 50 foreign leaders.[5]

In total: Since 1945, the United States has carried out one or more of the above actions, on one or more occasions, in the following 69 countries (more than one-third of the countries of the world):

  *   Afghanistan
  *   Albania
  *   Algeria
  *   Angola