[Peace-discuss] Fwd: Yesterdays rally at Rodney Davis Office

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 24 22:40:51 UTC 2017

Though I appreciate all who came out, especially those who support “Single Payer Healthcare for All,” David Johnson and David Engstrom took the opportunity to speak on this topic on behalf of all the American people, we were a bit appalled at the celebration of 7 years of ACA.
What is wrong with us, by us I refer to the American people, singing Happy Birthday and serving cake. No, I'm not making this up. To partake in this humble, or rather humiliating experience is like a beggar on the street groveling over a few coins thrown his way. We, Greens did not sing, nor eat cake.
Universal Healthcare is what we should have, like that of every other developed nation in the world, but we have allowed the insurance and pharma cos., supporting our government, to reduce us to beggars, when we should be “demanding” universal healthcare for all.
Instead we allow our taxes to continue to support the military/industrial machine and war, while we plead to our “Representatives” not to hurt us more by taking away what little bones they throw us after their feasts.