[Peace-discuss] looking for current numbers of military personnel

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 22:24:16 UTC 2017

Dear Peace-discuss,

I find this interesting.
I was searching for the numbers of U.S. military troops we currently have
in countries.

The website of DMDC is off-line. The Defense Manpower Data Center is widely
quoted as the official count of military personnel. https://www.dmdc.osd.mil

Each year since 1950, the U.S. Department of Defense has provided on its
web site detailed information about the deployment of American troops
around the world.

Other websites that are down:
us.army.mil
The Marine Corps website even has broken links: “To find more information
about Marine Corps installations, please visit the following link:
http://www.usmc.mil/units/Pages/category.aspx . This link is broken so
defaults back to the www.marines.mil front page

I will continue looking for the current information. I just thought I would
share the "Wow, it has always been here but now it is not" discovery.

-- karen medina
"The really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." - Mark
Twain