[Peace-discuss] FW: Rulings Revive Spy Case Against Anti-Defamation League

Boyle, Francis A fboyle at illinois.edu
Sun May 7 01:33:25 UTC 2017

Francis A. Boyle
Law Building
504 E. Pennsylvania Ave.
Champaign IL 61820 USA
217-333-7954 (phone)
217-244-1478 (fax)
(personal comments only)

-----Original Message-----
From: Boyle, Francis [mailto:FBOYLE at LAW.UIUC.EDU]
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 1998 11:35 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list <humanrights-l at lawlib.wuacc.edu>
Subject: Rulings Revive Spy Case Against Anti-Defamation League

Dear Colleagues:
	I am honored and pleased to be on the ADL blacklist because of my representation of a Jewish Professor friend of mine who had been previously blacklisted by them because of this Professor's vigorous opposition to the Israeli invasion of Lebanon in 1982, where this Professor had been located at the time, and then subjected to McCarthyite tactics. I have old copies of the ADL blacklist and the AIPAC blacklist  in my office if anyone wants to see them, together with related internal and external documents on the blacklisting  policies and McCarthyite practices of these two organizations. The cowards and hypocrites at  the American Association of University Professors (of which I was a member at the time) refused to do anything to help my Jewish Professor Friend or to help the Black  Professor Fred Dube, who had also been blacklisted by these organizations,or to help  other professors who had been blacklisted by these two organizations and then subjected to similar McCarthyite practices. I later  quit the AAUP and joined a real union affiliated with the American Federation of Teachers/AFL-CIO. At least second editions of these ADL and AIPAC blacklists were never published. I am sure, however, that both organizations still maintain internal blacklists and continue to perpetrate their McCarthyite tactics on professors they do not approve of. And Jewish Professors are treated far worse than others.
	Francis A.Boyle
	Professor of  Law
	Counsel, Concerned Academics for Peace and Justice in the Middle East (1984-1986)

Private reply:         Yigal Arens <arens at ISI.EDU>
Public replies:        humanrights-l at lawlib.wuacc.edu
Listserv questions:    Mark Folmsbee, zzfolm at acc.wuacc.edu
Message Archives:      http://ftplaw.wuacc.edu/listproc