[Peace-discuss] How to Build an Autocracy?

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sat May 13 22:22:09 UTC 2017

The ‘protests’ and ‘#resistance’ are inspired by the political establishment (Democrats-neocons-Pentagon-spooks etc.) who think their right-to-rule was illegitimately denied by Trump’s election.

They will be even more enraged if the essential policies of their pro-war/pro-Wall Street politics - hostility to Russia and China - are reversed by the Trump administration.

There were indications this week (in addition to to the firing of Comey) that that was happening, viz. and to wit:

Russia - <http://www.atimes.com/article/trump-ignores-status-quo-apologists-engage-russia/ <http://www.atimes.com/article/trump-ignores-status-quo-apologists-engage-russia/>>; and

China - <http://www.atimes.com/article/us-decides-send-delegation-chinas-obor-summit// <http://www.atimes.com/article/us-decides-send-delegation-chinas-obor-summit//>>.

—CGE