[Peace-discuss] We still need an independent commission

Mildred O'brien moboct1 at aim.com
Fri May 19 12:31:00 UTC 2017

Dear Senator Durbin:I don't think it's possible to have an "Independent Commission" appointed by Congressional politicians of either party to investigate so-called Russian cyber interference in U.S. elections, for which there is no evidence.  It is more likely that Hillary's campaign/DNC-Podesta emails revealed by Wikileaks were not from Russian hackers but insider LEAKS possibly by Seth Rich, who was shot and killed early in the morning of July 10 last year in his Wash. D.C. neighborhood on his way to work with no apparent witnesses. Democrats have silently neglected interest in pursuing investigation of the murder of this employee of the Democrat presidential campaign.Midge O'BrienSavoy, Illinois      -----Original Message-----From: Dick Durbin <info at dickdurbin.com>To: Midge O'Brien <moboct1 at aim.com>Sent: Thu, May 18, 2017 4:12 pmSubject: We still need an independent commission

#AOLMsgPart_2_3c434a38-f6c1-44b8-9362-ba892f8ab2da td{color: black;} .aolReplacedBody #aolmail_AOLMsgPart_2_90fc045e-6210-45af-bfbe-112efe2c34de td{color: black;}   .aolReplacedBody .aolmail_aolReplacedBody div,.aolReplacedBody .aolmail_aolReplacedBody  p{   font-family:"Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, "Lucida Grande", sans-serif;   font-weight:400;   font-size:17px;   line-height:1.4;   color:#364350;  }  .aolReplacedBody .aolmail_aolReplacedBody a{   color:#147FD7;   text-decoration:underline;  }

	Midge,

	Last night, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein appointed a special counsel to investigate the Trump Administration’s ties with Russia.

	This is an important step, and it happened in large part because you joined me in speaking up and demanding an independent investigation.

	But while a special counsel is necessary to uncover the full extent of the Trump administration’s relationship with Russia and prosecute any crimes that may have been committed, it will not address the broader questions around Russia’s cyberattacks and interference in the 2016 election.

	For that, we need a nonpartisan independent commission. Add your name to mine now to tell Republican leaders that, in addition to a special counsel, it’s time to form an independent commission.

	With allies questioning the stability of the Administration and whether to even share intelligence with the U.S. government, the situation is unraveling rapidly.

	An independent commission should be looking into Trump’s Russian connections, and it’s up to all of us to ensure that this issue stays front and center until we have solutions to prevent future foreign interference in our democracy.

	Thank you for all you’ve done to demand answers so far. Now, let’s keep pressing forward until we have the full account the American people deserve.

	My best,

	Dick Durbin

	ADD YOUR NAME

					Paid for by Friends of Dick Durbin