[Peace-discuss] FW: Costs of War panel--update

David Johnson davidjohnson1451 at comcast.net
Sat May 20 19:25:19 UTC 2017

-----Original Message-----
From: Debra Schrishuhn [mailto:deb at pdamerica.org]
Sent: Saturday, May 20, 2017 11:40 AM
To: Gus Wood; David Johnson; Maryam Ar-Raheem; Niloofar Shambayati
Subject: Costs of War panel--update

Good news, Everyone.

We now have three co-sponsors for the Costs of War panel:

People demanding Action
Jobs with Justice (thank you, David)
Eco-Justice Collaborative

Plus requests out to other organizations. Would it be beneficial to have a face-to-face meeting or a teleconference so that we are all on the same page? I am amenable to either option if you all think it would help.

JwJ is also interested in expanding this into a series of panel discussions on war and peace if we draw a good crowd and get some local encouragement.

Finally, Mort Brussel has evidently done a good deal of work on pulling together stats and cost figures related to America's wars in the past 20 years. Shall I reach out to him for documentation or perhaps as a fourth panelist?

Faith manages,
Deb