[Peace-discuss] Guest Commentary by Carl in NG

Roger Helbig rwhelbig at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 14:31:07 UTC 2017

what exactly is that supposed to mean - my choices of assignment were
Intelligence, Weather and Cartography and the Air Force made me an
Electronic Systems (ground radar maintenance) Officer - I liked languages -
I was a literate three year old in Russian and wanted to learn more - I
like puzzles - putting pieces together - that's what I thought intelligence
officers did - Weather was where I got assigned for familiarization during
summer camp so I somewhat expected that I would get that and a M/S in
Meterology - Cartography because as a Geologist, I made maps of what was
below the ground and cartographers made maps of what was above the ground.

I voted for Democratic candidates starting with George McGovern - so I was
not exactly a fan of Richard Nixon so hardly Nixonian!

Roger