[Peace-discuss] [Peace] Flyer for AWARE demonstration, Saturday 12/2

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 30 17:55:35 UTC 2017

Somewhere we have a flyer with bullet points in relation to solutions for the issue with North Korea. I’m unable to locate it, but from memory:

1) The US is responsible for the deaths of millions, We need to require a peace agreement, and end the war of 1953, currently we have only an armistice.

2) The US currently has over 28,000 troops on the border of N.Korea to this day. We need to bring our troops home, and close down our military bases in the South China Sea. The US has more than 800 military bases outside of the US, Russia has 15, China only 1.

3) We need to discontinue the US military exercises with S. Korea, as we have continued our military operations flying our B1 bombers over North Korea. (Not sure I have the planes labeled properly)

4) North Korea agreed to a freeze on freeze of nuclear weapons, the US refuses to comply.

5) In 1993 during frequent meetings and negotiations the US agreed to provide water reactors to North Korea, given we destroyed their dams and infrastructure, they in turn agreed to freeze production of nuclear weapons. In 2002 we reneged on the deal, refusing to provide anything, taking the risk that the North Korean regime would collapse. We need to reimplement “reparations” for the catastrophic damage done to that nation during the 50’s.

6) We have already placed (THAAD) not yet completed within S. Korea, this is a surveillance system, that is aimed at China. China knows the provocations against North Korea are aimed at them, and China is already a nuclear armed nation.