[Peace-discuss] My Letter to the NG

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 1 15:21:37 UTC 2017

The most important issue facing humanity is global warming. If we don't do something now, all life on earth will perish.  The experts know what to do, but it won't get done, without will. "Will" on the part of the government. We need their support which requires we stop funding the military/industrial war machine.
We need to stop the killing, destruction, and control of other nations resources.
This requires we stop the manufacture and proliferation of weapons.
We need to fund alternative energies, clean air, infrastructure projects and provide proper public transportation.
A bi product of infrastructure projects is the provision of jobs.

Nuclear war is a major concern, given US provocations and the potential for "accidents."

The two issues "global warming and war" are intertwined, we can't prevent one without preventing the other.  The only thing our government representatives, within the beltway, care about is  maximizing their profits by maintaining their control.
It's up to the American people to take back control of their government, through civil resistance, it's the only thing that works.