[Peace-discuss] GEO Protest This Evening, 7PM-8PM, UIUC "With Illinois" Event

Gus Wood gwoodiii3 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 15:09:48 UTC 2017

Greetings,

On Friday October 13th from 7pm-8pm, the University of Illinois chancellor
Robert Jones is holding a mega event at the State Farm Center to launch
“With Illinois,” a campaign that Jones considers to be the “largest
philanthropic” push in the school’s history.  While the University
celebrates itself for “alleged” philanthropy, it also neglects the graduate
employees, faculty, and staff workers.  We are treated unfairly, our
working conditions are deteriorating, and the university is stalling at the
bargaining table.

As we continue to fight for a fair GEO contract, we will use this event to
protest the university’s treatment of the workers on campus.  Join us at
6:30pm at the State Farm Center to protest the University of Illinois
administration.  *We will meet and coordinate at Kirby and 1st Street.* We
will be chanting, playing drums, and holding signs with the purpose of
educating people on our struggle in GEO bargaining and shaming the
university administration for disrespecting graduate employees.  We must
make the university care about graduate employees and fight for our fair
contract! The University only works because WE DO.

much.

Gus