[Peace-discuss] Fwd: Rant on Spain by Prof. Luciana Bohne

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 13 17:31:09 UTC 2017

 I believe this is meant to be against the media, and those today referring to Spain as fascist.

One may wonder why I post some of this on the Peace List. It is because I believe we are seeing similar scenario’s arising today, to that which occurred in the past, in Catalonia, Spain, and across Europe. See below:

"You call ALL of Spain "fascist" from 1930s to today? I cannot believe your ignorance.

First: you do not apply classic Marxist class analysis.

Second: you insult the memory of the hundreds of thousands of “reds" killed, detained, tortured in Asturias in 1934

Third: you insult the 400,000 who managed to escape IN RAGS across the Pyrenees in 1939—who found no comfort anywhere in Europe.

Fourth: you ignore the leading role the Spanish Republican "reds" in exile played in organizing the anti-nazi Resistance against the occupation of Europe (Especially in France).

Fifth: you ignore Franco's brutal repression of "reds" in Spain from 1939-1969 ("Causa General," juridically)--a virtual genocide which started with the death of 150,000 killed in slave labor building the ludicrous monument to the fraudulent "reconciliation" in the Valle de los Caidos. This repression tells you how strong opposition to fascism was in that tragic country.

6th: you disrespect one of the fiercest anti-fascist struggle in Europe to oppose Catholic Fascist monarchism and fascism in general.

Stop spitting on Spain, will you? You irk me.