[Peace-discuss] Minutes from the AWARE Meeting, October 8

C G Estabrook cgestabrook at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 02:57:33 UTC 2017

 <https://www.facebook.com/groups/305897426305/permalink/10155798310466306/>
At their regular meeting (Sundays 5-6pm at Pizza M, 208 W Main St, Urbana) this week, members of AWARE considered what their reaction should be - in conjunction with the antiwar movement at large - in the event of a US armed attack on North Korea, Iran, or elsewhere.

It was suggested that the most prominent US government installation in Champaign County was probably the Federal Courthouse at 201 S Vine St in Urbana.

A significant expansion of US war-making - we're already at war in eight countries - should produce anti-war demonstrations around the country. AWARE's should probably be centered on Vine Street (and perhaps around the corner on E. Main Street).

We should make plans for such a demonstration and use the means available to publicize them, and to communicate them to anti-war individuals and organizations in the area. Meanwhile, we should continue our presence at the Market, our monthly demonstration, and UPTV. Perhaps a new flyer discussing such plans is in order.

###