[Peace-discuss] Healthcare proposal

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 14 14:36:02 UTC 2017

My rant this morning:

Forgive my lack of enthusiasm for Bernie's successful vote on Single Payer Healthcare, which though better than what we currently have, is still flawed, covering only 80%, and with deductibles as high as $6,700. It is not what other developed nations provide.

Bernies' one small step for mankind is a very small step indeed.
It provides little if nothing for the next four years, which will keep those five Democratic Presidential hopefuls who supported his bill, with enough support for their campaigns, and discussion of the details, to keep us all distracted from the realities of our drowning nation.

According to "left" economist Dean Baker, we don't want to scare people too much, he is referring of course to the powers that be, who are supported by the medical and pharma industries. Yes, we wouldn't want to scare our government now would we?
Yet, he has no problem scaring the working class when he insists, rightfully so, that the middle or working classes, not the wealthy will be taxed to pay for it, the elephant in the room, that Bernie has failed to address, that of how to finance it, will be debated endlessly over the next four years, with it likely failing.

No one, not one person on "The Real News" or elsewhere has mentioned our military budget which is eating middle class/or working class taxpayers alive, is what we should be focused on in respect to paying for a "universal healthcare system" as other nations possess.

What we have is another example of Americans being forced to scramble for crumbs.