[Peace-discuss] FW: [Peace] anti-war teach in *today* 9/23 1pm-5pm -- with schedule of speakers

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 24 12:56:10 UTC 2017

Mort

I am truly sorry you put in so much time and effort and didn't have a chance to speak on this panel. I'm also sorry you were one of the last speakers and had to sit through the whole four hours. . It's also unfortunate that you didn't enjoy your time there with the other panelists.

Stuart has kindly offered to film/record you in in the studio when convenient. You also have the opportunity to post your presentation, or have it published, as you did with your previous presentation.

Everyone was aware of the 20 minute limitation, but some did go over the 20 minutes time allowed. Yes, Vukoni did take more time than others, he spoke slower than usual which was likely due to the fact that he was the youngest panelist, still a student, a non American, informing a group of white Americans of the atrocities they are responsible for committing in his homeland.

What was important was the substance or quality of the speeches of the panelists, or the message. This was not a debate with a timer.

It was poor management on my part to have nine panelists, but given the subject material that needed to be covered, and those panelists who have never been heard from before, certainly not in this town, I couldn't resist. I'm not a professional event planner, and in fact really dislike planning events, but it needed doing.

Focus on Africa, with US interventions both past, present and future is extremely important. Most Americans haven't a clue what is taking place across the African continent. Let alone  what is going to take place there given our military presence that was brought about by the Obama administration.  And, what will likely take place under the Trump administration. We were privileged to have someone who truly knows the history and the likely future of the many nations within that continent of which we hear only the propaganda.

I just hope someone else continues "anti-war teach ins," because unless Americans understand, where all the money is going, supporting the war machine, and stop it. There will be no funding to prevent or curb global warming, which is already destroying us.