[Peace-discuss] Fwd: Youth Against Settlements: We are protesting

Mildred O'brien moboct1 at aim.com
Mon Sep 25 12:04:37 UTC 2017

Did everyone get this?  Israel (again) displays its violation of free speech protected almost everywhere except in China and the University of Illinois.  (Hebron/al Khalil is the largest Palestinian city in the West Bank)MO'B-----Original Message-----From: Youth Against Settlements <info at yashebron.org>To: Midge O'Brien <moboct1 at aim.com>Sent: Sun, Sep 24, 2017 12:16 pmSubject: We are protesting

#AOLMsgPart_2_b3d00b78-cb3b-4002-84b0-d96382cb4193 td { color: black }
.aolReplacedBody #aolmail_AOLMsgPart_2_4f569312-4463-49c9-95a1-d2a11b214eee td { color: black }
.aolReplacedBody .aolmail_aolReplacedBody .aolmail_aolReplacedBody #aolmail_aolmail_AOLMsgPart_2_454c9b87-8e94-49e1-9785-cbea1fa969a3 td { color: black }
.aolReplacedBody .aolmail_aolReplacedBody .aolmail_aolmail_aolReplacedBody .aolmail_aolmail_aolReplacedBody { background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); -webkit-text-size-adjust: none; -ms-text-size-adjust: none }
.aolReplacedBody { color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Times, "Times NewRoman", serif; margin: 0; padding: 0 }
.aolReplacedBody .aolmail_aolReplacedBody .aolmail_aolmail_aolReplacedBody table { border-spacing: 0; border-collapse: collapse; border-spacing: 0 }
.aolReplacedBody .aolmail_aolReplacedBody .aolmail_aolmail_aolReplacedBody table td { border-collapse: collapse }
.aolReplacedBody .aolmail_aolReplacedBody .aolmail_aolmail_aolReplacedBody p { margin-bottom: 1em }
.aolReplacedBody .aolmail_aolReplacedBody .aolmail_aolmail_aolReplacedBody img { max-width: 100% }
@media screen and (max-width: 600px) {.aolReplacedBody .aolmail_aolReplacedBody .aolmail_aolmail_aolReplacedBody table[class="aolmail_aolmail_aolmail_container"] { width: 100% !important } }
@media screen and (max-width: 480px) {.aolReplacedBody .aolmail_aolReplacedBody .aolmail_aolmail_aolReplacedBody table[class="aolmail_aolmail_aolmail_container"] { width: 100% !important } }
@media only screen and (max-width: 600px) {.aolReplacedBody .aolmail_aolReplacedBody .aolmail_aolmail_aolReplacedBody table[class="aolmail_aolmail_aolmail_container"] { width: 100% !important } }

Dear Midge --
Last week, 3000 settlers forced
their way into the Ibrahimi mosque. The Israeli
military provided them with protection. This followed
last month’s declaration by Israel that Hebron settlers would receive
their own municipality and official settlement status.
Can
you make a donation so we can continue our resistance
work?
A few weeks ago, Issa Amro was taken into custody
by the Palestinian Authority for a Facebook post.
Though outrageous, it wasn’t a surprise. The US and EU provide
millions of dollars to the PA
for “security cooperation” with Israel.
Though the occupation continues to tighten its
grips, we are not deterred in our commitment to struggling for freedom
and equality. All month long, including since Issa was released from
PA custody, we have been protesting. In
our sights is dismantling Israel’s fence that imprisons
the Salayma neighborhood next to the Ibrahimi mosque.
The fence is locked each night from 11pm to 6am.
Children lead the protests, holding signs of “Apartheid
2017” and “Segregated and
Unequal”.
Help
us continue our work by making a donation.
Your generosity will supply bail funds as needed and support our
#SegregatedAndUnequal protests and campaign.

Issa continues to face 18 charges in Israeli
military court. He now has three additional
charges against him by the Palestinian Authority. He
is currently out on bail.
Despite this, Issa is forging ahead with his human rights work. He is
currently giving talks in the UK and will soon arrive in Washington,
DC for meetings with members of congress and more. Your support gives
him, and all of us, the strength to continue our struggle.
Towards liberation,
Everyone at Youth Against
Settlements
P.S. See Issa in person in London or
Washington, DC: London, September
25, with Palestinian lawyer and co-defendant Farid al-Atrash
and othersWashington,
DC, September 28, with Peter
BeinartWashington,
DC, October 2, with with Yousef
Munayyer

Working
for Peace and Justice: Hebron Freedom Fund

              -=-=-

            Working for Peace and Justice · United States
This email was sent to moboct1 at aim.com.  To stop receiving emails,
click
here.

You can also keep up with Youth Against
Settlements

on Twitter
or Facebook.

        -=-=-

Created
with NationBuilder, software for leaders.