[Peace-discuss] Fwd: Right to Resist War & Empire's event.

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 25 16:15:05 UTC 2017

Just now<https://www.facebook.com/groups/305897426305/permalink/10155752119051306/>

Greg Butterfield shared Right to Resist War & Empire's event.

16 years following the US invasion of Afghanistan and the start of the so-called war on terror, the longest war in US history has no end in sight. While the mainstream media would have us believe that the current rise of militarism in the US is a Trump phenomenon, we know that the violence of the US war machine is bipartisan, that by the end of Obama's second term the US was bombing seven Muslim-majority nations on any given day.
On October 7 it's important that we come together to demand and end to this war of terror. But beyond condemning US imperialism, we are called upon to connect our local struggles against surveillance, criminalization, police occupation, raids, deportations, gentrification and displacement, to the global struggle against US empire.

OCT
7

October 7th Rally to Resist War and Empire
Sat 1 PM EDT ยท 34th and 6th Avenue, New York, NY
Shared to International Action Center