[Peace-discuss] can someone please forward me the Chancellor's "massmail" concerning criticism of Israel?

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 25 22:12:44 UTC 2017

 Original letter from chancellor:

|   |

| Dear Students, Faculty and Staff:All of us at the University of Illinois are concerned about the growing national instances of intolerance, especially on college campuses. Painted swastikas, chalked epithets on sidewalks, KKK costumes and anti-Semitic attacks hidden under the guise of anti-Zionist rhetoric are all too common. Members of our Jewish, African American, Latino/a and many other residents of our diverse community find themselves asking whether they are welcome and safe here. The answer to that – whether in Urbana-Champaign, Chicago, or any place in this country – must be a clear and resounding: “Yes, you are.”Discrimination against an individual based on race, color, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion or other characteristics will always be in absolute opposition to our core values of inclusivity and respect. We will always recognize the rights of those on the campus to safely and freely express their perspectives and opinions. We will also be ready to condemn statements and actions that violate our shared values and seek to demean, intimidate or devalue others in our community.Bigotry, racism and hate will never be tolerated here at Illinois. It is our common responsibility to work together to see that this is a university where ALL can live, learn and thrive.Sincerely,Robert J. Jones
Chancellor |

    On ‎Monday‎, ‎September‎ ‎25‎, ‎2017‎ ‎04‎:‎55‎:‎49‎ ‎PM, Robert Naiman via Peace-discuss <peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net> wrote:

 According to my Facebook feed, this happened:
"The Chancellor ... sent out a massmail implying that criticism of Israel was the same as antisemitism, and likening it to dressing as the KKK."

Can someone forward me this email from the Chancellor?
===
Robert Naiman
Policy Director
Just Foreign Policy
www.justforeignpolicy.org
naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
(202) 448-2898 x1
House: Use War Powers to Save A Million Yemeni Kids from Cholera & Famine
https://petitions.moveon.org/sign/force-vote-on-saudi-war?r_by=1135580