[Peace-discuss] Lessons from our Rally?

bjornsona at ameritech.net bjornsona at ameritech.net
Sat Apr 28 16:34:14 UTC 2018

FyI: I do not know if BDS had anything do to with this, however: some months ago CVS changed one of my generic meds from one sourced from Teva, in Israel, to a company in China. At first I was reluctant to accept the change, then I heard about BDS, and decides to try the new med. Not perfect, but hey. I believe the new company is Solco and it is my blood pressure med
Sent from my LG Phoenix 2, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
------ Original message------From: Carl G. Estabrook via Peace-discussDate: Sat, Apr 28, 2018 11:16 AMTo: Francis A Boyle;Cc: Peace-discuss List (peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net);Subject:Re: [Peace-discuss] Lessons from our Rally?
And I came away from the events around Dershowitz’ appearance with the (to me) surprising conclusion that the BDS movement (especially BD) is having an effect that the government of Israel and the Israeli lobby are desperate to counter.

Despite the apparently legitimate criticisms of BDS by Noam Chomsky, Norman Finkelstein, and David Green, it seems that boycotts and divestment should be encouraged (as they would agree), while attention and opposition are focused on the primary and indispensable source of Israeli crimes, US foreign policy.

—CGE