[Peace-discuss] There is a new “Iran War Group” in government

Szoke, Ron r-szoke at illinois.edu
Sat Aug 25 19:14:43 UTC 2018

From: Erica Fein <info at winwithoutwar.org<mailto:info at winwithoutwar.org>>
Subject: There is a new “Iran War Group” in government
Date: August 25, 2018

Pompeo just added a whole new level to Trump’s Iran Regime Change Army.

[Win Without War]

Hello Ron,

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is building Trump’s Iran regime change army [1].

Pompeo’s newly-appointed “Iran Action Group” sounds like bureaucracy as usual. In reality, it's anything but. Pompeo just appointed a bunch of people to formal positions in the U.S. government whose job is regime change in Iran.

And what’s even scarier? They’re not the only ones. This new agency is just one small piece of a large and powerful Iran-regime-change industry within U.S. government, media, and think tanks.

Win Without War has been taking on this industry for years. We’ve got the expertise, stubbornness, and grassroots power to expose the truth about Pompeo’s new regime change buddies and neutralize the lies they’re pumping out to build the case for war with Iran. But we need your help to foil their plans before they can drag us into a devastating war with Iran.

Donate $4 to fuel Win Without War’s work against the Iran regime change industry today.

If you've stored your info with ActBlue, we'll process your contribution instantly:

$4<https://secure.actblue.com/donate/iranactiongroup1?express_lane=true&amount=4&refcode=em20180825&t=13&akid=2583%2E37829%2E1PaPg->

$6<https://secure.actblue.com/donate/iranactiongroup1?express_lane=true&amount=6&refcode=em20180825&t=14&akid=2583%2E37829%2E1PaPg->

$8<https://secure.actblue.com/donate/iranactiongroup1?express_lane=true&amount=8&refcode=em20180825&t=15&akid=2583%2E37829%2E1PaPg->

$12<https://secure.actblue.com/donate/iranactiongroup1?express_lane=true&amount=12&refcode=em20180825&t=16&akid=2583%2E37829%2E1PaPg->

$16<https://secure.actblue.com/donate/iranactiongroup1?express_lane=true&amount=16&refcode=em20180825&t=17&akid=2583%2E37829%2E1PaPg->

Other amount<https://secure.actblue.com/donate/iranactiongroup1?refcode=em20180825&t=18&akid=2583%2E37829%2E1PaPg->

Trump’s foreign policy on Iran is paving a clear path from killing the Iran Deal to sparking a war with Iran. And the “Iran Action Group”—better named Iran War Group—is only offering more sanctions that isolate the U.S. economically and politically, without reducing Iran’s destructive militarist presence in the region one bit.

Exactly 65 years ago, the United States and the United Kingdom overthrew the democratically elected Prime Minister Mohammad Mossadegh in Iran after he nationalized the Iranian oil industry away from British control. It's no accident that Pompeo announced his new regime change buddies on the very anniversary of that coup d’etat. The United States’ reckless determination to destabilize Iran was disastrous then, and it’s disastrous now.

There is a clear alternative to war with Iran: Diplomacy. That’s why Win Without War will continue stopping the colossal industry dedicated to Iranian regime change.

We’ll expose Iran-hawk faux-experts in the media, we’ll pressure Congress to speak out against sanctions, and we’ll hold public events advocating for non-military solutions for U.S.-Iran relations. We are using every tactic at our disposal to stop the powerful Iran War Group before Trump’s next deadline to re-impose sanctions this fall. And we need your support.

Make a gift today to help drive Win Without War's work for peaceful U.S-Iranian relations this fall.<https://secure.actblue.com/donate/iranactiongroup1?refcode=em20180825&t=21&akid=2583%2E37829%2E1PaPg->

Thank you for working for peace,

Erica, Ben, Cassandra, and the Win Without War team

---

[1] CBS News, "Mike Pompeo forms "Iran Action Group" for post-nuclear deal policy<https://act.winwithoutwar.org/go/13812?t=25&akid=2583%2E37829%2E1PaPg->"

[https://act.winwithoutwar.org/o.gif?akid=2583.37829.1PaPg-]

Donate<https://secure.actblue.com/donate/winwithoutwar?refcode=emfooter&t=22&akid=2583%2E37829%2E1PaPg->        [Like on Facebook] <https://www.facebook.com/winwithoutwar>     [Follow on Twitter] <https://twitter.com/winwithoutwar>

Win Without War is a project of the Center for International Policy.
1 Thomas Circle NW, Suite 700, Washington, DC 20005
(202) 232-3317 | info at winwithoutwar.org<mailto:info at winwithoutwar.org>

This email was sent to r-szoke at illinois.edu<x-msg://3/#>. Email is the most important way for us to reach you about opportunities to act. If you'd like to receive fewer mailings, click here<http://act.winwithoutwar.org/signup/receive_fewer_emails/?t=23&akid=2583%2E37829%2E1PaPg->. If you need to remove yourself from our email list, click here to unsubscribe<http://act.winwithoutwar.org/unsubscribe/unsubscribe/?t=24&akid=2583%2E37829%2E1PaPg->.