[Peace-discuss] America is engulfed in a crisis of meaning—and it's killing us | Opinion

C G Estabrook cgestabrook at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 03:32:37 UTC 2018

Vanity of vanities, said Ecclesiastes, and all things are vanity.

And whereas Ecclesiastes was very wise, he taught the people, and declared the things that he had done: and seeking out, he set forth many parables.

He sought profitable words, and wrote words most right, and full of truth.

The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails deeply fastened in, which by the counsel of masters are given from one shepherd.

More than these, my son, require not. Of making many books there is no end: and much study is an affliction of the flesh.

Let us all hear together the conclusion of the discourse. Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is all man:

And all things that are done, God will bring into judgment for every error, whether it be good or evil.

--Ecclesiastes 12:12ff.