[Peace-discuss] [Peace] My plea, related to the Yellow Vest movement in France

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 10 15:09:21 UTC 2018

Ron

I would say, we’ve tried that. Obama was supposed to be peace candidate, then expanded the Bush wars from 2 to 8. He bailed out the banks, with no preconditions, he incarcerated more whistleblowers, than any other President, including the current one. He supported the coupe in Honduras in 2009, which resulted in the most egregious violence upon the people, who now are being tear gassed on the border of Texas, then we have slavery in Libya as a result of this “peace candidate." The rise of Nazism in the Ukraine, with obvious support from the US, the deaths in Odessa and the Donbass as a result.

So much for democratic reform. Bernie talks a good talk, some others are now doing the same, but what did Bernie do? He supported Hillary, come on the warmonger of all time. Bernie knows nothing can be done about FP, and he knows the Administration, even if willing is not all powerful with all the contractors, subcontractors, Pentagon, Think Tanks, CIA, etc.etc. controlling the DNC, the GOP, and the Administration.

So now tell me, why do we fear violence in the streets of the US?  Do we think the violence being perpetrated around the world and in the streets primarily against people of color doesn’t matter? Is it because we’re just too cowardly to take to the streets knowing the results. Yes our government has been militarized, preparing for just such an uprising, but can they, will they kill everyone?

Yes, it is frightening, the police in France are using tear gas, and tanks, but no guns or rifles, yet. The protestors are setting fire to “things” but they aren’t using weapons, they aren’t killing police. Yes, Europe is a much safer place to protest, unlike here.
This should be a wake up call to all, what our children and grandchildren will be facing if we don’t act soon.