[Peace-discuss] Is US Being Sucked Into Syria's War?

bjornsona at ameritech.net bjornsona at ameritech.net
Thu Feb 15 13:23:42 UTC 2018

Thank you all. I see I have to update my reading list (again).
Sent from my LG Phoenix 2, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
------ Original message------From: Karen Aram via Peace-discussDate: Wed, Feb 14, 2018 3:18 PMTo: Carl G. Estabrook;Cc: Brussel, Morton K;Dianna Visek via Peace-discuss;Subject:Re: [Peace-discuss] Is US Being Sucked Into Syria's War?

Nothing compares to Nicholson Baker’s “Human Smoke”. I doubt I would appreciate Baker’s other books but I was pleased to note “In
 2001 he published Double Fold,
 in which he accuses certain librarians of lying about the decay of materials and being obsessed with technological fads, at the expense of both the public and historical preservation.”

Something I thought was recent, getting rid of books, in favor of technology. A mistake we may live to
 regret, if the grid ever goes down, as well as elitist in that not everyone has access to technology.