[Peace-discuss] Anti-war candidate for Congress in March 14 primary

C G Estabrook cgestabrook at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 04:07:07 UTC 2018

There's only one anti-war candidate running for Congress in this district - David Gill. AWAREists would find him worth a vote in the March 14 primary.

For my sins (it's Lent), I went to the 'Champaign Co. Young Dems IL-13 Forum on Foreign Policy & Immigration' tonight.

Amidst the blather, I had a 50-year flashback: not the chemical kind some friends suffered in 1968, but a political recrudescence of what one heard about Vietnam 50 years ago.

There of the four candidates said just what Democrats said about SE Asia then, but now about SW Asia. (One even boasted of his participation in US war crimes, from Yugoslavia to the Mideast, as a "naval intelligence" officer.)

The exception was David Gill. In answer to a question (from me), he forthrightly said he supported withdrawal of US troops and weapons from the Mideast and N. Africa. The other three said they didn’t.

—CGE