[Peace-discuss] Philip Berrigan forward to Boyle Book

Roger Helbig rwhelbig at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 15:17:24 UTC 2018

Berrigan had a good heart but a defective sense of fact - the following
illustrates this - I found it looking for Boyle's participation in the
trial about the damage to the Maryland ANG A-10s where supposedly wanted to
use Douglas Lind Rokke as a witness.  I know Rokke to be a liar who has
knowingly used a forged document to make false claims about depleted
uranium.  Rokke may have even created the forged document; I expect that he
knows who did create it.

http://www.jonahhouse.org/archive/Forward.htm

He seems to idolize Boyle as having no axe to grind when Boyle is
constantly grinding axes.  If as Boyle claims, US had been preparing for
war in Afghanistan for years, why is it that they had no one who spoke
Pashtun to go there after 9/11?  If you are preparing for war in a foreign
country, the first thing you do is accurate map it, the second is get
native speakers to teach you the language - we had neither in September
2001.  Bush's Administration was surprised.  The former Clinton
Administration was much less so.

How will the American people respond when they understand that their
government is nakedly lawless before its own law? There is, for example,
the war in Afghanistan. I wrote the following from federal prison in
Elkton, OH after the awful events of September 11, 2001:

 By all definitions, presence in a penal dumpster restricts one. Having no
resource for research, I must rely on friends for analyses of current
events. Articles by Francis Boyle, Stan Goff, and John Pilger struck chords
in me. They appeared true and plausible. Furthermore, none of the three has
a hidden agenda, an axe to grind.

 Boyle estimates that the war in Afghanistan was at least four years in
preparation, and that around September 11th, the U.S., U.K. and NATO had
60,000 troops on maneuvers in the mid-East and South Asia, with adequate
naval support. He comments: "September 11th was pretext, trigger, or both!"

 The Bush family is steeped in oil; there is no disguising that. Nor can
one ignore the fact that the Bin Laden family was in "business" with the
elder Bush. Bush's Administration is all oil, excepting Powell, who is
military and weathervane, quick to adjust to the White Man's wind. After
the Taliban chased the Russians, its leaders were wined and dined in
Houston by Unocal, a Texas oil company. The deal was to make Afghanistan an
American oil colony, where Afghans would protect and profit from pipelines
run through Afghanistan from the Caspian Basin, the largest oil and natural
gas reserves in the world. The Afghans turned down the deal.