[Peace-discuss] Review of the film "American Made"

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 9 02:38:20 UTC 2018

I hate to be disagreeable, but the film, is a satire, nothing romantic about it. It’s anything but propaganda, no it’s not a documentary but for those who don’t know anything about what took place there and then. It’s also a film that will sell big in overseas.

 It’s comical, and will appeal to the many people who don’t read books, or pay much attention to politics, or weren’t around back then.

It shows clearly that the White House, DEA, CIA and Governor Clinton in Arkansas all were involved in the drug smuggling of cocaine to the US from Columbia, and guns from Columbia to the Contra’s in Nicaragua. As well as other things, like CIA payoffs to Noriega. It all led to the Iran Contra Affair, because Ollie North and others reporting to the Reagan Administration were involved.

As to why Barry Seal did what he did, questions the reviewer? The money, the money, and the challenge.

Inaccuracies in the film consist of his relationship to his wife Lucy as they were
 divorced before his death, he had, had two other wives by then.

According to Del Hahn, his biographer: Barry never met the Columbian Cartel personally.

I think critics feel they must be critical, and some need to be a bit less elitist.