[Peace-discuss] [Peace] Trump's crazy not to continue the Cold War!

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 28 20:26:39 UTC 2018

Thank you.

On Jan 28, 2018, at 11:51, Brussel, Morton K <brussel at illinois.edu<mailto:brussel at illinois.edu>> wrote:

Of possible interest: I read McCoy’s piece on tomdispatch.com<https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftomdispatch.com&data=02%7C01%7C%7C703b4b90bd904ea3ca0b08d566888b62%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636527658989323667&sdata=MCoRf9eOQTzn%2BJ9mxZcBxrpXdMOE0MaanTWqr94yEA8%3D&reserved=0>, and couldn’t believe it was promoted there. Therefore, I sent off an email to tomdispatch explaining surprise and disappointment at McCoy’s acceptance of the standard views of the NYT, WP, WSJ, etc. regarding the dangers from Russia and China, not to say N. Korea and Iran. Yes, a better informed(?) cold warrior, McCoy, who stressed the need for a continued U.S. imperium.

—mkb