[Peace-discuss] Those evil Russians

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 17 15:12:58 UTC 2018

Vince Emanuele:

The Russians didn't gut, attack and destroy unions in the U.S. The Russians aren't responsible for NAFTA, TPP, GATT, outsourcing, corporate welfare, etc. The Russians didn't deregulate the financial industry, allowing Wall Street to destroy our economy and create unprecedented wealth/income inequality. The Russians aren't killing young black kids in the streets. The Russians didn't militarize the police. The Russians didn't create the War on Drugs. The Russians didn't create the School-to-Prison pipeline. The Russians aren't responsible for slavery, Jim Crow, redlining, or the Prison Industrial Complex. The Russians didn't invade Iraq and Afghanistan, spending $3.6 trillion. The Russians didn't poison kids in Flint or East Chicago. The Russians didn't divest in our nation's infrastructure.

The Russians didn't nominate Hillary Clinton, the second most loathed politician in modern history. The Russians didn't subsidize the U.S. fossil fuel industry, allowing the most destructive industries on the planet to kill the living world with no consequences. The Russians didn't destroy the public school system in the U.S., allowing charter schools to privatize public goods. The Russians didn't create our homeless population or shut down our mental health facilities. The Russians didn't enact the Patriot Act, stripping our civil liberties and creating institutions like ICE. The Russians didn't create our immigration crisis, nor are they responsible for putting kids in cages throughout the U.S.

The Russians didn't clear cut old growth forests in the Pacific Northwest, nor did they dam our rivers and kill the salmon. The Russians didn't strip American women of their reproductive rights, or allow the NRA to control our legislative bodies. The Russians didn't allow media corporations to consolidate into five companies that control everything we see, read, or hear. The Russians didn't overthrow democratically elected governments throughout the Western Hemisphere. The Russians didn't allow the pharmaceutical industry to create a nation of addicts. And the Russians aren't allowing U.S. veterans to die by the thousands waiting for treatment.

You must be thinking of the Democrats and Republicans....