[Peace-discuss] Federal Judge Sides With Philly Over Sanctuary City Policy - NBC 10 Philadelphia

Boyle, Francis A fboyle at illinois.edu
Thu Jun 7 12:53:26 UTC 2018

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Philadelphia-Judge-Sides-With-City-Over-Sanctuary-Cities-Policy-484706271.html
-----------------
This Decision by the Federal District Judge in Philadelphia confirms the advice I gave to Urbana in 2016 and before that in 1986--as well as to Evanston, Oak Park, San Francisco, inter alia, when I served as Counsel to the Original Sanctuary Movement. It rejects the arguments made by Illiniwaks Law Dean Iceman Amar that Sanctuary Cities are illegal and unconstitutional. Just recently, the US Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit in Chicago agreed with me and not him--thank heavens!
fab