[Peace-discuss] interesting historical fact about the 13th district

David Green davidgreen50 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 14:50:56 UTC 2018

Very interesting; one caveat, FWIW, is that the district was redrawn after
the 2010 census in order to obtain a possibility of a Dem victory (Tim
Johnson had represented the 15th district, which obviously at that time
included CU). The 2012 election taken from Gill was, ironically, the first
with the new boundaries that were drawn intending to give a D a chance.
It's also perhaps important to recall that upon Johnson's resignation,
Davis was selected to be the nominee by Republican operatives based on his
employment by, if I recall, John Shimkus; I don't believe he has ever faced
any opposition from within the party.