[Peace-discuss] Tariq Ali speaks at UIUC this Thursday

David Green davidgreen50 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 05:25:08 UTC 2018

Ali's analysis of the Russian Revolution diverges from Chomsky in that
Chomsky argues that the April Theses were public relations, was as Ali sees
them in a more authentic light.

Ali called Trump a "shithole" for what it's worth (although mainly for
laughs), cutting him no slack as Caitlin Johnstone is inclined to do. That
is, no analysis of populism/nationalism in any positive sense from Ali.