[Peace-discuss] Tonight 5pm: "Nuclear Disarmament and Civil Society: The Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons and the Nobel Peace Prize for ICAN 2017"

Brussel, Morton K brussel at illinois.edu
Tue May 1 18:29:19 UTC 2018

I attended ACDIS for several years before it became obvious to me that it was essentially a relay of the views of the U.S. State Department and the military establishment.There were to many military lecturers.  I have not known what they have recently been doing, but ACDIS harbors members and associates who are not truly disarmament and peace people, rather they are defenders of U.S. government policies.  The most notable was Ed Kolodziej, a true cold warrior. Jeremiah Sullivan was not the same, but was enmeshed in U.S. efforts for “better”, more effective, U.S. Defense weapons and strategies.

There are honest, truth seeking people in ACDIS, a few trying to mitigate the weaponizing of the U.S. military, but some are enmeshed in the clutches of that establishment by the prestige and contracts flung their way. A never remember any analyses, by ACDIS, of U.S. support of Israel, its repression of Palestinians, and its nuclear weaponry.

—mkb