[Peace-discuss] Search the Scriptures, win $$$

Szoke, Ron r-szoke at illinois.edu
Mon May 7 03:46:40 UTC 2018

We are told that Karl Marx denied being a Marxist.
Some have reminded us that his big book is about Capital, not Capitalism, & he says nothing whatever about the ideology of capitalism as such.
Political sociologist Dennis Wrong claims that Marx never used the term ”capitalism” in “Capital.”  (Nor, by the way, did Adam Smith in The Wealth of Nations (1776).) The term didn’t come into widespread use until the 20th century.

>  Dennis Wrong, “Disaggregating the Idea of Capitalism,” in Mike Featherstone, ed., Cultural Theory and Cultural Change  (SAGE Publications, 1992, pp.147-157).  <

I will send $50 to the first person who can prove to me (with appropriate documentation & accurate citation) that Wrong is wrong.

~~ Ron

[cid:125BC20D-9754-494E-B100-6D84FC783418 at hsd1.il.comcast.net]