[Peace-discuss] Don't send a Democrat to the House

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Thu May 24 06:45:58 UTC 2018

I haven't set myself a goal of convincing list members to "support the
Democrats" [*sic*].

You, on the other hand, opened the thread with an appeal for list members
to support Rodney Davis. That's the whole premise of your side of the
discussion.

You claim not to be advocating for electoral abstention, but I'm pretty
sure that you're lying, based on the evidence at hand, even if I didn't
already know you as a pathological liar, as most people here also know you.

I can't imagine that you actually believe you can convince anyone here to
support Rodney Davis. Everyone here knows who Rodney Davis is. People here
are politically active, follow the news. Rodney Davis has made no secret of
who he is. He's a Paul Ryan-Mitch McConnell Republican. Not a Rand
Paul-Mike Lee-Justin Amash Republican. Rodney Davis always votes with Paul
Ryan on war and peace. I'm well aware, because I've appealed to Rodney
Davis many times to vote and advocate like Justin Amash, and have been
rebuffed by Rodney Davis every time. Nobody here has tried harder than me
to get Rodney Davis to vote and advocate more like Justin Amash.

Therefore, you must have some other goal than the impossible goal of
getting people here to support Rodney Davis. I suspect that your goal is to
turn people off of practical engagement in electoral politics in the hopes
that they will eventually join your little cult.

In your lying fantasy story, my project is to get people to "support the
Democrats," no matter what.

But in the world of objective reality, nobody here has tried harder than me
to get Rodney Davis to act on war and peace like a libertarian Republican.

I would have been delighted if you ran against Rodney Davis in the
Republican primary as a libertarian Republican. I publicly encouraged you
to run, right here, on this list. You were too lazy.