[Peace-discuss] NEWS FROM NEPTUNE, May 25, 2018

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sat May 26 01:41:42 UTC 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQrW3vo0oPk <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQrW3vo0oPk>

Good evening, & welcome to News from Neptune for the 21st week of 2018 {MAY 25}

~ I’m Carl Estabrook - described by liberal colleagues this last week as
[1] “a scoundrel,” [2] “a pathological liar,” and [3] not a true Green.
So be careful what you listen to, from me!

SINCE 1990, I have apparently been annoying liberal comrades in a weekly hour of spontaneous & unrehearsed discussion of the news of the week and its coverage by the media - first, on a so-called community radio station - and now via Urbana Public TV and YouTube. (Earlier editions of this program are available at <archive.org>. )

~ Our program’s name, News from Neptune, comes from Noam Chomsky, who’s been writing sensible things about U.S. politics for twice as long as we’ve been on the air.
~ Chomsky says that in the U.S. media, “Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it’s from Neptune.”

TONIGHT David Green & I - will try to say some true things, with thanks to Dr Know, J. B. Nicholson, for research.
*KNOW’S NOTES are posted on the NEWS FROM NEPTUNE fb page.*

WE TRY to bear in mind the murdered Rosa Luxemburg’s remark, from a century ago: “The most revolutionary thing one can do is always to proclaim loudly what is happening.”

THIS is a “KING’S EVIL ADVISERS’’ edition of News from Neptune,

WE'LL START with David Green, clearly a True Green (but not to be walked over)…

###